Deeply rooted in a district with culture coursing through its veins, the freshly restored Dimora Nova stands proud above its peers.
Majoring in patrician grace and gentility behind its vintage parchment-hued historic facade, and mirroring all the well-bred finesse of Florence and her fashion-minded ‘cittadini’ in its sensitively calibrated collection of deluxe hand-crafted furniture, sumptuous fabrics, and an array of contemporary accoutrements to make the savviest traveller smile, the chic Dimora Nova hosts 6 (+2) guests with a terrace in the hushed and calm surroundings of the top floor reached by lift.
On kicking off your shoes the fizz and frenzy of Florence are left far behind as you make yourself at home.
Air-conditioned throughout for easy-breezy summer chilling – yet comforting and coddling when the outside temperatures fall – the 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom beamed accommodation with Wi-Fi comprises –
– An entrance vestibule hallway with polished wooden flooring and a splendid full-height multi panelled wall mirror increasing the perception of light and space and leading directly into…
– The apartment’s main kitchen / dining room lit by sky-light and beautifully presented in gentle lavender blues, with banquette and ‘ghost chair’ seating for 6 at table, and an expertly crafted, fully equipped wood and marble kitchen housing a range of Bosch appliances, including a dishwasher, microwave and induction hob for cooking up your Tuscan treats!
– An elegant sitting room attired in easy on the eye colours and textiles and furnished with gorgeous plissé wall lights and a large L-shaped sofa bed set beneath a newly commissioned original painting on linen of Brunelleschi’s Dome(entitled ‘Il Cupola’) by talented artist and antique dealer Angelo Raffaelle Marturano. A curved screen TV with SKYallows you to catch up while you put your feet up, and there’s a Bose stereo system to hand for playing your personal music of choice
A few steps up to glazed and draped doors opening to reveal…
– A charming lantern-lit, pergola-topped terrace* for two, planted with jasmine (particularly lovely in bloom) and boasting the most fabulous views across terracotta roof tiles to the River Arno, the Torre di San Niccolò and the Oltrano beyond
– A pampering master bedroom for slumber of the most delicious sort… presented in teal, pebble grey and burnt umber tones, with custom-designed twin beds set upon a raised level (which can be converted into a double at your request), luxurious Jim Thompson wall-coverings, an inbuilt wardrobe, electronically operated high-level windows, plus a well-dressed single sofa bed to the fore
– A sparkling separate bathroom serving the master bedroom (or the apartment in general) decked out in mocha Marmorino with snazzy Art-Deco style marble flooring, a chunky green Travertine wash basin and a smart, white marble-clad shower
– A cupboard-housed Bosch combined washing machine / dryer, handy for longer stays
– A second double bedroom – as splendid as the first – with a romantic double bed in opulent gray and rich amber velvet topped with a typically Italian and very quaint wrought iron ‘baldacchino’ (canopy), plus a smart en-suite bathroom (again in mocha Marmorino) with nut brown Travertine wash basin, inlaid chequerboard flooring and a large luxury shower easily big enough for two!
And on the landing before the doorway leading into Dimora Nova…
– The most darling and cosiest studio-cum-bedroom you could wish for, clothed from top-to-toe in Morris & Co.’s ‘Bird and Pomegranate’ design and with a double sofa bed and writing desk – it’s your little nest amongst the trees!
* Perfect for watching the fabulous ‘Fochi San Giovanni’ fireworks held at Piazzale Michelangelo every 24 June